SEO content involves any local pages, category pages, product pages, blog posts, and anything that target a specific keyword phrase and attract search engine traffic. SEO content can be explained in two parts,
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) which is a process to optimize a website as a easy search result via search engines; and
- content, including anything on your website.
Types of SEO Content
SEO content refers to any content on your website that will bring visits, which include but not limited to,
Videos are trendy, as website visitors are getting more and more reluctant to read long writings. They prefer to get the information they want in a faster and easier way. Therefore, a short video is trending. There is another media trending with the development of AI. If you are looking ahead, you should think about using voice search features in your SEO content. You can read Online Marketing 101: SEO .
Nathan Gotch mentioned on his blog that 80% of your content should target a specific keyword phrase, and 20% of your content should be designed as link or share bait. So you, as content writers, should pay attention to how you write your content and what strategies you choose to optimize your site.
Process of Content SEO
Just like cooking a nice meal, there is a recipe for writing SEO content. Below are the main steps of preparing the content that is SEO-friendly.
- Choose your keywords and qualify them
- Establish your content strategy
- Create and optimize your content
- Publish it
The process can be further broken down to more detailed steps which you can find HERE.
Below are tools that are proven useful for SEO content and keyword research.
- Google Keyword Planner: qualify your keywords via search volume in Google Keyword Planner.
- Google Trends: see how your keywords are trending over time.
- BuzzSumo: check the social signals/engagement of keywords
- Ahrefs: check the popularity of backlinks of a site
Content SEO is closely related to the keywords and the content, but also involves site design and the structure. If you have any ideas about Content SEO, feel free to share with us in the Comment below.
|Contact :||Renee Teng|